somebody please checks the SVN reps

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 4 04:24:35 PDT 2005

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I accidentally deleted a few email outputs from failures I got from the
> lfs book render script as well as fixperms script. Can somebody please
> fix up the SVN reps so that gets fixed?

Yeah, sorry about that!  There was a really stupid thinko in my recent
changes to the script.  It should be all fixed now, and I actually ran
the script manually as well this time to ensure it is, rather than just
assuming it was OK!

I'm still getting a couple of errors though.  One on trunk and one on
gcc-4.  They're both related to the interaction between obfuscate.sh and
HTMLtidy:

line 3851 column 89 - Error: missing quote mark for attribute value

I'm absolutely baffled by this having done the following, all without
receiving any error messages:

1) Installed the same version of HTML tidy that is on belgarath, set my
locale to the same as Gerard's (POSIX) and render the book locally
2) Render the book on belgarath as 'matthew' using a checked out copy of
the XML and running 'make -s CHUNK_QUIET=1'
3) Render the book on belgarath as 'gerard' using a checked out copy of
the XML and running 'make -s CHUNK_QUIET=1'

So, the only thing I can think of is that there's some environment issue
tickled by `cron' that's causing this.

Anyone any ideas?

Matt.