r5222 - trunk/editor-manual/chapter03

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 7 17:59:46 PDT 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org wrote these words on 05/07/05 19:05 CST:
>
>>Author: jhuntwork
>>Date: 2005-05-07 18:05:19 -0600 (Sat, 07 May 2005)
>>New Revision: 5222
>>+    One of the (many)
>>+    complaints against CVS was that it had no
>>+    concept of 1) moving files or 2) versioning directories.  If you needed to
>>+    move a file, it was generally better to do it on the server manually. With
>>+    Subversion, it's all a piece of cake.
>

> Are these sentences really necessary? We do SVN now, what is the
> point in making comparisons with (bashing) CVS?

Not really trying to bash CVS, just trying to go through the text
quickly at this point to bring it up to date. Usually, I'm just slightly
altering the text that's already there.  That's what this case was. The
text was there already, mostly. I just altered it a bit to look at it
from our current perspective.

If you have something better, by all means, please submit it.

--
Jeremy Huntwork