r5222 - trunk/editor-manual/chapter03

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 7 18:38:52 PDT 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Jeremy Huntwork wrote these words on 05/07/05 20:16 CST:
>

>>Inappropriate?  All I can say is that you wouldn't get this type of a
>>reaction off of me or others if you just learn to speak in an
>>un-affronting way...
>

> Here's what I wrote:
>
> "Are these sentences really necessary? We do SVN now, what is the
> point in making comparisons with (bashing) CVS?"

You used the word "bashing" as if I was deliberately trying to put down
CVS as a bad piece of work. Again, the parts of the text that "bash" CVS
was not my work and it was never my intention to do so. I replied in a
way that explained that, quietly, calmly and without attitude. The way
you write reeks of attitude.

> Please answer the question. And leave the baby talk out of it.

Again with the attitude. "baby talk"? I'm not the one that resorted to
name-calling. Throughout your entire last email, every aspect was soaked
with hints of your attitude. The snip line, the sarcastic opening
paragraph, the name-calling at the end.

  Let
> me know what was out of line with *my original comment* quoted above.

I never said there was anything wrong with it. I explained myself, told
you why that was the way it was, and asked you to submit altered text,
if you were able. You replied with a sarcastic response about
"inappropriateness".

--
Jeremy Huntwork