r5238 - in trunk/editor-manual: chapter01 chapter03

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 8 10:24:49 PDT 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> matthew at linuxfromscratch.org wrote these words on 05/08/05 11:46 CST:
>
>>Author: matthew
>>Date: 2005-05-08 10:46:21 -0600 (Sun, 08 May 2005)
>>New Revision: 5238
>

>>+    This command synchorinses your local working copy with the server and is
>

> s/synchorinses/synchronizes/
>
> Note the misspelling.

Wow, I can't believe I missed that - I even thought to myself "should I
use a 's' or a 'z' here?".  Thanks for catching it.

> The s/z thing is because my dictionary doesn't
> show the spelling with the s, only the z, but that may be a British
> spelling. I'm not sure.

Yep, I think that's worthy of a "policy" in the editors' guide too.
Something like "Prefer American spelling over any British alternative".
  Not for any particular reason other than one needs to be chosen over
the other in order to maintain consistency throughout the book.

Cheers,

Matt.