[LFS Trac] #1725: linux-2.6.15.5

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 2 10:39:30 PST 2006

Richard A Downing wrote:

> and what does 'brown paper bag release' mean in English?
>
> Matt, some of the LFS users are not American, and, like me, don't
> understand idiomatic expressions.

Sorry, Richard.  I never thought of it as a particularly American
phrase, I thought it was more commonly known within software development
circles than it apparently is.  As Nico posted earlier, it basically
means "We screwed up and released something with a show-stopping bug in
it.  Please pretend as if this release hadn't actually been made."

Regards,

Matt.