[LFS Trac] #684: Must re-evaluate package order then document the rationale.

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 2 15:17:40 PST 2006

LFS Trac wrote:
> Comment (by dbn.lists at gmail.com):
>
>  Also, Gerard asked some time back that Vim be built as early as possible.
>  We could probably move it right after Perl with no detrimental effects.
>
>  Is this still the case?

The comments on the ticket are getting long and difficult to read -
that's one of the main reasons Gerard opened up a new thread in lfs-dev,
so let's get discussion going there, if possible, and we can bring
summaries back to the ticket.

Anyway, eek!

Moving vim up in the order is only a personal preference and goes
against the entire purpose of this change, IMHO. We're trying to show by
the order itself, what depends on what. Nothing *depends* on vim, so
leave it at the end.

--
JH