[LFS Trac] #684: Must re-evaluate package order then document the rationale.

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Fri Mar 3 07:00:32 PST 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote:

> Is anyone else going to comment on the issue of
> libtool/autoconf/automake being used in each other's testsuites, thus
> causing circular dependencies?
>
> Specifically, if libtool is moved up to satifsy autoconf, grep must
> also move with it because libtool will hardcode it's location.  Or, we
> can add /bin/grep -> /tools/bin/grep to Ch. 6.7 Essential Symlinks.
>
> Please comment if you have time because this is a legitimate hangup.
>
> --
> Dan

Libtool isn't really a problem - I think it, along with grep, can just
be moved up to the beginning. Autoconf is slightly more of a problem - I
definitely don't want to add autoconf to /tools. I think autoconf and
automake should just be built in order, and note in autoconf's
dependency list that it can use automake in its testsuite.