Book Bad, Improve Book

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Tue Mar 7 07:23:49 PST 2006

Chris Staub wrote:

> Why? The book already says to create the lfs user and tells you exactly
> how to setup the environment for that user...if you need to stop and
> continue again, you simply login as the lfs user again and keep going.

That applies only to chapter 5. For chapter 6, there is a procedure of
creating devices and mounting pseudo filesystems.

IMHO this is non-trivial and costs some time on #lfs-support, but the
decision has already been made to ignore this for the book. (yes, I
disagree but should not express this anymore).

--
Alexander E. Patrakov