[LFS Trac] #1736: chapter 6.8.2 'mount' command issues "error while loading shared libraries: libblkid.so.1: cannot open shared object file:No such file or directory" when entering "mount -nvt tmpfs none /dev" in

LFS Trac trac at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 9 21:17:10 PST 2006

#1736: chapter 6.8.2 'mount' command issues "error while loading shared libraries:
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  anonymous  |       Owner:  lfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org
     Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
Component:  Book       |     Version:  6.1.1
 Severity:  blocker    |    Keywords:
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 someone else appears to have had this problem prior to me.
 http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?postid=1632224
 the solution (post #19) seemed to be to be after running ./config

 "edit the "make_include" file in util-linux src dir,
 Change "HAVE_BLKID=yes" to "HAVE_BLKID=no", after running configure."

 this also worked for me. I changed to another virtual console, recompiled
 util-linux after editing the make_include file, copied to the said
 directories and then switched back to the new chrooted drive. mount
 magically worked again.

 Just FYI

--
Ticket URL: <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/1736>