[LFS Trac] #1737: Disable anonymous ticket creation

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 10 04:38:18 PST 2006

LFS Trac wrote:
>  Thanks guys.  I've now disabled anonymous ticket creation, but not for the
>  reason Chris gave (a determined user will register and still be able to
>  create a "bogus" ticket).  Alexander's point of not being able to append
>  to tickets once they had been created was a pretty fundamental flaw.

Urm. You realize that it wasn't a 'flaw' per se. It's not a fundamental
nature of Trac. It was simply the settings that had been chosen in the
permissions. You could have easily given anonymous the 'TICKET_APPEND'
or 'TICKET_MODIFY' permissions if you like - or, as you have done,
remove the 'TICKET_CREATE' permission.

--
JH