r7429 - in branches/udev_update/bootscripts: . lfs/init.d

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 13 22:05:26 PST 2006

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> dj at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>
>> +        > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
>

> This doesn't work. You need the explicit "echo
>  >/proc/sys/kernel/hotplug" because the kernel looks for the terminating
> newline character.

Whoops...forgot to comment on this.  Yes at least the echo is required.
Get to that in a moment.  The loop is as well, but it's still undecided
according to the comments in the ticket.  I'll be able to test at least
the loop doesn't do anything silly tonight, but I don't believe I have a
reliable way to reproduce the bug as my system is now.

-- DJ Lucas