Uploading new packages, and the editor's manual

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 30 06:10:04 PST 2006

 In the editor's guide (6.3), it says

Download the package to belgarath in your home directory. If it's not
bzip2'ed, then make it so.

 Is this still sensible ?  As far as I can see, we point all downloads
to homepages or mirrors, rather than to an lfs domain.  I'm asking
because I want to update the udev_update branch to 2.6.16.1, which is a
mere 38.9M according to my local mirror, and I'm sure we'll go through a
few more kernel versions before the next release.

 I'm also planning to update the manual soon - it predates trac, and the
instructions for downloading (trunk) make branch maintenance
unnecessarily difficult, at least IMHO.  To say nothing of blank
passphrases.  Any comments ?

Ken