Uploading new packages, and the editor's manual

lfs at lfs-matrix.net lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Thu Mar 30 06:58:50 PST 2006

On Thu, March 30, 2006 2:10 pm, Ken Moffat wrote:
> Is this still sensible ?  As far as I can see, we point all downloads
> to homepages or mirrors, rather than to an lfs domain.  I'm asking because

Hello Ken,

The 2.6.16.1 tarball is already on all LFS FTP mirrors, if you wanted to
use one of the mirrors.  The packages aren't on belg at all and haven't
been for a while.  The bz2'ing is still relevant, unless there is some
reason to keep the gz file (like uClibc-locales because it doesn't
understand bz2) or if compression is worse with bz2 (like cracklib-words).
 But currently I handle all of this, so don't know if it needs to be in
the manual.

ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs/conglomeration/linux/linux-2.6.16.1.tar.bz2

I update the ftp mirrors usually within 24 hours of book changes.

Justin