Uploading new packages, and the editor's manual

lfs at lfs-matrix.net lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Thu Mar 30 07:03:54 PST 2006

On Thu, March 30, 2006 2:51 pm, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> We already have the mirrors. I think by making more direct use of them,
> we would make the build just a little easier for our readers and perhaps
> save us a few headaches, too.

So I guess I should get my butt in gear and fix the RRDNS mirrors so we
can just use:

ftp://ftp.linuxfromscratch.org/pub/lfs/lfs-packages/development/<package>

I will need to remove Anduin from the RRDNS because whoever set up the
directories decided to use a non-lfs-standard path (no /pub and they
upper-cased LFS).  But the rest of the mirrors look fine.

ftp://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/LFS/lfs-packages/development

Otherwise that should work fine, besides possibly not being local to the
downloader.  :-/

Justin