Uploading new packages, and the editor's manual

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Thu Mar 30 13:18:01 PST 2006

Ken Moffat wrote:
>  I share your sentiment, but I'm wary of human nature.

Yeah, I can understand that.  The delay between commit and render is
normally enough time for me to update the ftp mirrors, but mirrors
normally sync once or twice a day so this can add up to 23 or so hours
delay also.

I don't know of a solution for this problem, so I guess we can just not
use it.

>  Maybe I wasn't clear - I meant a general link to a canonical site such
> as http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bash/ (everything there is currently .tar.gz)
> and a specific link to a version on a mirror (which will be .tar.bz2).

You were clear and I thought most mirrors had .bz2 files as well often,
it appears I was wrong.  Anyways, don't know of a way around that either.

Justin