r7569 - in trunk/BOOK: . chapter01 chapter03 chapter06

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 1 09:21:22 PDT 2006

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 12:14:31PM -0400, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Randy McMurchy wrote:
> >It just looks so amateurish to list the cp and target in every line,
> >when once would do. Of course, IMHO only. :-)
>
> I agree about it looking amateurish. But, to me, it seems less important
> to display the best possible syntax for each command than to make it
> easy to see at a glance what's happening.

The book is for amateurs. ;)

But really, I wanted to do a cp [0-9]* /etc/udev/rules.d but figured
someone would gripe about it. Since I left out the -v anyway, I think
I'll do that if not one objects.

> Of course, either way is fine, really, and Archaic gets to choose. :D

I choose to drop the make package and run all Makefile instructions
manually! :D

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch