[LFS Trac] #1728: Chapter 6 - Package Management - Explain why 'install' is generally safer than 'cp'

LFS Trac trac at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 2 16:18:57 PDT 2006

#1728: Chapter 6 - Package Management - Explain why 'install' is generally safer
than 'cp'
 Reporter:  gerard at linuxfromscratch.org  |        Owner:  lfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org
     Type:  enhancement                  |       Status:  new
Comment (by archaic at linuxfromscratch.org):

 I am at a loss trying to find a link on the web regarding this. I'm
 google-challenged apparently. ;)

--
Ticket URL: <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/1728>
LFS Trac <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/>