[LFS Trac] #1659: Re-evaluate the possible Glibc test failures with the current GCC and Glibc combinations

LFS Trac trac at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 2 18:26:35 PDT 2006

#1659: Re-evaluate the possible Glibc test failures with the current GCC and Glibc
combinations
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  gerard at linuxfromscratch.org  |        Owner:  lfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org
     Type:  task                         |       Status:  new
Comment (by archaic at linuxfromscratch.org):

 Using an AMD XP 2400+, I can say that the warning about the test-double
 and test-idouble failures doesn't apply. At least I haven't seen them in a
 very long time. The only failure I get is with posix/annexc.out. This is
 in both chap5 and chap6. However, the host has always been LFS. I'm have
 an older dual P3 and Athlon 1.33 GHz I can run builds on. Do those qualify
 for what the book calls "not a relatively new genuine Intel or authentic
 AMD" or am is it referring to pre-Athlon and P2's. If we can't decipher
 it, it might be worth removing that snippet of text.

--
Ticket URL: <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/1659>
LFS Trac <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/>