r7590 - in trunk/BOOK: . appendices chapter01 chapter02 chapter08

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 8 13:58:32 PDT 2006

ken at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> -  popular. We will create an <systemitem class="filesystem">ext2</systemitem>
> +  popular. The third extended filesystem (<systemitem class="filesystem">ext3
> +  </systemitem>) is a widely-used development of <systemitem class="filesystem">
> +  ext2</systemitem> which adds a journal and is compatible with the E2fsprogs
> +  utilities.

I think the following sounds a little better, it might just be much of a
muchness though.

"The third extended filesystem (<systemitem
class="filesystem">ext3</systemitem>) is a widely used enhancement to
<systemitem class="filesystem">ext2</systemitem>, which adds journalling
capabilities and is compatible with the E2fsprogs utilities."

Regards,

Matt.