r7598 - in trunk/BOOK: . chapter01 chapter03

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 10 11:39:38 PDT 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:

> If we left Home links "as-is" in packages.xml, editors could to forgot to
> check/update they.

But home pages don't change all that often, certainly not with every
version increment.  Therefore I don't see why they should be in general.ent.

> As Matthew said, there is no technical reason to create that entities due that
> they are used only on one place.
>
> But IMHO, having all that data centralized on an unique file could to do more
> easy packages updates and will produce more clean svn commits.

And I agree with that justification (I actually thought of that reason
just after sending last night's email but didn't want to be seen arguing
with myself!). :-)

Regards,

Matt.