r7598 - in trunk/BOOK: . chapter01 chapter03

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 10 12:31:02 PDT 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 08:46:00PM +0200, M.Canales.es wrote:

> Is more a matter of consistency. After all a home link is also package
> specific data.

I don't see this as consistency. Putting data in general.ent that
changes after every package update does make sense, but homepage and
download URL (using the package version entity, of course) will hardly
*ever* change and thus don't require the editor to have them at the
forefront of their mind. MD5's, version #'s, build size, SBU's all will
change every time. Those are the ones that the editor needs to be most
concerned about. I know I'm not the only one guilty from time to time of
forgetting to update the download size because it was in a different
XML file. ;)

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch