[LFS Trac] #1793: Vim 7.0

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 12 15:35:02 PDT 2006

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 03:30:47PM -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:

> I understand.  What I meant was making a decision just prior to the
> testing branch being made.

If it is in and the instructions are good, then it stays, IMO. This
version of vim is quite a bit different, though, so the old commands
won't work. BLFS will also have their hands full with it, too. There are
new locale issues as well as a dep on MySpell and probably some things
I'm forgetting. But again, if this thing continues to be a fast moving
target, then how can we call it stable?

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch