[LFS Trac] #1793: Vim 7.0

Ag Hatzimanikas zkom.xl at gmail.com
Fri May 12 17:02:10 PDT 2006

Jeremy Huntwork(jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org)@Fri, May 12, 2006 at 06:58:17PM -0400:
> Archaic wrote:
> >On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 05:44:33PM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> >>What does 7.0 get us? Will it allow me to type faster, or better, or
> >
> >I want it to type for me. :)
> >

> It does that, but it's considered a bug, not a feature. I believe
> there's a patch to fix it.

Don't try to make fun with Vim.
Jeremy/Arhaic are both blacklisted and Randy is just walks on the thin
line. :)

Now seriously and answering mainly to Matthew concerns.
There is no security flaw involved with all these patches.

Don't forget that Vim is designed to work in many environments not just linux.
That's why I said at the first place to leave out the 006 (Mac specific) and 007
for AIX.
The 014 is in there just because it fails to compile the Motif gui on a Dec Alpha
Tru64. :)
The 015 is for compilation problems with 4.x compiler when you try to build the
Athena gui.
And who builds Athena gui anyway,and we don't do it in certain in LFS.

Blfs is another matter and we can think for it (another patch maybe) in time.

I guess we can do a little bit of filtering on those patches,I did to be honest
but then I just followed Jim's way to put everything in.
Anyway it's only a 16 Kb consolidated patch even with all those patches in.

And last but not least,this is how Bram Moolenaar works and this guy is just a
genius and works for google now. :)
http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/03/google-hires-bram-moolenaar-author-of.html