r7609 - trunk/BOOK

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 14 13:07:34 PDT 2006

El Domingo, 14 de Mayo de 2006 21:59, Bruce Dubbs escribió:

> The policy in BLFS is to use "less than" instead of <.  I think that
> is much more clear.  The overall BLFS policy is:

I was not sure about how to put that. Thanks for the cluebat.

> There also seems to be an inconsistency in sizes:
>
> <!ENTITY util-linux-size "1,339 KB">
> <!ENTITY texinfo-size "1,487 KB">
> <!ENTITY sysvinit-ch6-du "1 MB">
> <!ENTITY readline-size "1,983 KB">
> <!ENTITY module-init-tools-ch6-du "7 MB">

As you can see, all packages sizes are in KB and all disk usage values in MB.

Packages sizes in KB is a requirement due that now (from few hour ago) we are
calculating automatically the "Total size of these packages:" placed at the
bottom of packages.xml (and now also in patches.xml)

The XSL code that do the calculation depend on having all values in the same
units.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia