r8147 - in trunk/BOOK: chapter01 chapter08

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Tue Jun 5 14:48:50 PDT 2007

manuel at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> Author: manuel
> Date: 2007-06-05 11:44:47 -0600 (Tue, 05 Jun 2007)
> New Revision: 8147
>
> Modified: trunk/BOOK/chapter08/kernel.xml
> +    <warning>
> +      <para>The headers in the system's
>        <filename class="directory">include</filename> directory should
>        <emphasis>always</emphasis> be the ones against which Glibc was compiled,
> -      that is, the sanitised headers from the Linux kernel tarball, and
> -      therefore, should <emphasis>never</emphasis> be replaced by the raw kernel
> -      headers.</para>
> +      that is, the sanitised headers from the Linux kernel tarball.
> +      Therefore, should <emphasis>never</emphasis> be replaced by the raw kernel
> +      headers or if upgrading the kernel.</para>
>      </warning>

I'd suggest a couple changes to this.  First, I'd suggest replacing "the
Linux kernel tarball" with "this Linux kernel tarball", so it's clearer
that the book's kernel version is what needs to stay there.  Second, I'd
suggest replacing the whole last sentence with:

Therefore, they should *never* be replaced by either the raw kernel
headers, or any other kernel's sanitized headers.

Sound good?