[LFS Trac] #2032: LFS 6.2.5 error in chrooting due to bash needing wide charset ncurses libraries

LFS Trac trac at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 14 16:06:54 PDT 2007

#2032: LFS 6.2.5 error in chrooting due to bash needing wide charset ncurses
libraries
-----------------------------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  rsimplicio                               |        Owner:  lfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org
     Type:  defect                                   |       Status:  new
Comment (by ken at linuxfromscratch.org):

 Maybe it is your choice of locale (you haven't specified what you are
 using). but in section 4.4 we put the following into /home/lfs/.bashrc -
 {{{
 LC_ALL=POSIX
 PATH=/tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
 export LFS LC_ALL PATH
 }}}
  so you ought to be in 'POSIX'.  I suggest that either you you missed
 that, or else you inadvertently used 'su -' to become root, instead of
 'su'.

  Alternatively, /tools/bin/bash is somehow linked against some of the
 host's libraries.

  For what it's worth, commit rights to the book are not the same as commit
 rights to this wiki.  But anybody can send patches to the book's xml
 sources (to the lfs-dev list) for identified errors.

  I'll keep this open for the moment, in case you think I've missed
 something important (wouldn't be the first time), but at the moment I
 think this is invalid.

--
Ticket URL: <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/2032#comment:2>
LFS Trac <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/>