r8374 - in trunk/BOOK: . chapter01 chapter03 chapter05 chapter06

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 15 14:21:35 PDT 2007

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 14:45:13 -0600 (MDT), jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>> +<screen><userinput>for file in $(find gcc/config -name linux64.h -o -name
>> linux.h)
>> +do
>> +  cp -uv $file{,.orig}
>> +  sed -e 's@/lib\(64\)\?\(32\)\?/ld@/tools&@g' \
>> +  -e 's@/usr@/tools at g' $file.orig > $file
>
> Whoops, sorry about leaving the 2 references to 64-bit stuff in there.  Not sure it's worth it now, but it might make your jh-branch merge a bit cleaner/more explicit if these are changed to 32-bit only instructions in trunk.  Apologies for not addressing Manuel's comments on this when he originally raised them :(

I actually decided to leave it in. The specs patch that this command is
replacing handled more than just x86 support. The only real difference
that I can see now is that the command is more visible in what it does.
It should be apparent to the astute reader that we're adjusting more
than what is needed to specifically build for their arch.

In any case, since we'll hopefully be adding support for x86_64 sooner
rather than later, it will be necessary for the build in the near future.

--
JH