r8496 - in trunk/bootscripts/contrib/lsb-v3: . lsb

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 15 01:02:49 PDT 2008

DJ Lucas wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> dj at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>>> Author: dj
>>> Date: 2008-03-15 00:47:29 -0600 (Sat, 15 Mar 2008)
>>> New Revision: 8496
>>>
>>> Modified:
>>>    trunk/bootscripts/contrib/lsb-v3/Changelog
>>>    trunk/bootscripts/contrib/lsb-v3/lsb/init-functions
>>> Log:
>>> contrib/lsb-v3 - added missing stale pid file checking for pidofproc
>>
>> Do we need to add an errata entry for LFS 6.3 to address this?
>>
>>   -- Bruce
>
> :-) Not for the contrib/lsb-v3 bootscripts, but yes, we need to correct
> the pid/pidfile handling in the current bootscripts and roll a new
> tarball.  I don't have the stock scripts installed anymore, but I can
> setup to use both so that I can test.  It might take me a little longer
> than the fix above did, as I haven't touched the old scripts in quite
> some time, and it'll likely be a pretty big change.
>
> Actually, just copy pidofproc from my scripts and drop them into
> current, and just continue to always spit out a list or nothing and we
> should be good, but something is telling me it's not quite that
> simple...oh yeah, pidlist is reused.  Shouldn't be too hard to work
> around.  Anyway, I'll test that tomorrow evening unless somebody else
> wants to try it first.

Actually, I just looked at this.  We'd have to change the functions file
in 12 places to account for the different behavior (no -s (silent)
flag).  No LFS or BLFS bootscripts use the -s flag.  I'll hack up a
tenative patch real quick, but do know that it's 3:00AM here and will be
completely untested.  If somebody can reproduce the problem easily, and
test the patch, that would be great, otherwise I can test it tomorrow.

-- DJ Lucas