r8496 - in trunk/bootscripts/contrib/lsb-v3: . lsb

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 15 00:52:12 PDT 2008

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> dj at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>> Author: dj
>> Date: 2008-03-15 00:47:29 -0600 (Sat, 15 Mar 2008)
>> New Revision: 8496
>>
>> Modified:
>>    trunk/bootscripts/contrib/lsb-v3/Changelog
>>    trunk/bootscripts/contrib/lsb-v3/lsb/init-functions
>> Log:
>> contrib/lsb-v3 - added missing stale pid file checking for pidofproc
>
> Do we need to add an errata entry for LFS 6.3 to address this?
>
>   -- Bruce

:-) Not for the contrib/lsb-v3 bootscripts, but yes, we need to correct
the pid/pidfile handling in the current bootscripts and roll a new
tarball.  I don't have the stock scripts installed anymore, but I can
setup to use both so that I can test.  It might take me a little longer
than the fix above did, as I haven't touched the old scripts in quite
some time, and it'll likely be a pretty big change.

Actually, just copy pidofproc from my scripts and drop them into
current, and just continue to always spit out a list or nothing and we
should be good, but something is telling me it's not quite that
simple...oh yeah, pidlist is reused.  Shouldn't be too hard to work
around.  Anyway, I'll test that tomorrow evening unless somebody else
wants to try it first.

-- DJ Lucas