r8544 - in trunk/udev-config: . doc

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 23 07:37:37 PDT 2008

> problem is, LFS doesn't explicitly support device-mapper (LVM, dmraid,
> etc.), so it seems a bit weird installing support for those tools if
> support isn't included in the base udev package.  Hmm...

Please do support it or write text around it? The LFS server requires
those things to kinda work if we want the server to be bootable :) With
my luck I'll forget about this one day during an upgrade...

I think LVM and such are common enough on server platforms to warrant
its assumed use. If it's just a matter of a rule file or two - or if
nothing else a proper mentioning in the book as a head's up, please do.
There is never too much educational information especially in these
cases where you know a lot of people do use it.