[LFS Trac] #2648: GMP instructions (dev version) say to add ABI=32 to CFLAGS; should be separate variable

LFS Trac trac at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 1 08:43:18 PDT 2010

#2648: GMP instructions (dev version) say to add ABI=32 to CFLAGS; should be
separate variable
 Reporter:  drjones  |       Owner:  ken@…
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
Component:  Book     |     Version:  SVN
 Severity:  normal   |    Keywords:  GMP

Comment(by gespinasse):

 IPCop build for 32 bits and we need ABI=32.
 You may need to add another instruction depending of the building machine
 and the machine where the code will run.

 We have a generic CFLAGS for all package that contain -march=i486
 -mtune=pentium

 Even with this in CFLAGS, But we discover than libgmp contain sse2
 instruction (thank to analyse-x86.sh) when building machine support that.

 Adding --build=i686-linux to configure fixed that issue.

 http://marc.info/?l=ipcop-devel&m=127142650405003&w=2

--
Ticket URL: <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/2648#comment:3>
LFS Trac <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/>