[LFS Trac] #2648: GMP instructions (dev version) say to add ABI=32 to CFLAGS; should be separate variable

LFS Trac trac at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 3 08:15:17 PDT 2010

#2648: GMP instructions (dev version) say to add ABI=32 to CFLAGS; should be
separate variable
 Reporter:  drjones  |       Owner:  ken@…
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
Component:  Book     |     Version:  SVN
 Severity:  normal   |    Keywords:  GMP

Comment(by ken@…):

 Replying to [comment:6 ken@…]:
 > OK, I think I'm getting there.  The original part of this ticket only
 happens if CFLAGS are set.

  And what I had overlooked is that the note dated from when LFS *only*
 built for 32-bit.  If someone has a 64-bit capable x86 cpu, and has set
 CFLAGS, *and is building for 32-bit* then ABI=32 is required. The current
 phrase "the configure script will attempt to configure for 64-bits and
 fail" is incorrect for a 64-bit LFS build.

--
Ticket URL: <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/2648#comment:7>
LFS Trac <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/>