[lfs-book] r9661 - in trunk/BOOK: . appendices bootscripts bootscripts/lfs/init.d bootscripts/lfs/lib/services bootscripts/lfs/sysconfig chapter01

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 27 15:56:05 PST 2011

On 11/14/2011 02:40 PM, bdubbs at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:

> +# Use a colored prefix
> +BMPREFIX="     "
> +SUCCESS_PREFIX="${SUCCESS}  *  ${NORMAL}"
> +FAILURE_PREFIX="${FAILURE}*****${NORMAL}"
> +WARNING_PREFIX="${WARNING} *** ${NORMAL}"
> +
Bruce, did you put these in init-functions intentionally? While I do
personally use, them I had intended them to be completely optional. They
can be set to empty values, or left as is, or even removed (the empty
values will do no harm in the log_*_msg functions). I also wasn't real
thrilled about the udev and udev_retry scripts not printing a completion
message. If that was intended to fix the boot log, I think the better
fix is simply to get rid of the messages in setclock (or do the clock
setting directly in the udev rules). Also, the interactive test case
wasn't correct when switching runlevels which resulted in the additional
prompt.

Attached patch 'fixes' these issues (at least to what I had expected to
see), but I wasn't so sure about the boot log message or the prefixes.
Also added '-t nosysfs' to the umount command in mountfs (/sys will
always be in use). If this is good as is, let me know and I can commit
or however you want it done. :-)

Thanks.

-- DJ Lucas