[lfs-book] [LFS Trac] #3584: XML::Parser re-added in Ch. 06, but package is not listed in Ch. 03 - All Packages

LFS Trac trac at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 16 16:55:39 PDT 2014

#3584: XML::Parser re-added in Ch. 06, but package is not listed in Ch. 03 - All
Packages
---------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  shane87  |      Owner:  lfs-book@…
     Type:  defect   |     Status:  new
Component:  Book     |    Version:  SVN
 Severity:  normal   |   Keywords:  XML::Parser, missing package
---------------------+------------------------------------------
 Recently, XML::Parser-2.42_01 was re-added to the build. In Ch. 06, it
 shows instructions for building XML::Parser-2.42_01. However, the
 XML::Parser package is NOT listed in Ch. 03 with all of the other
 necessary packages. This really confused me, as I was using jhalfs to
 build the latest development version of the LFS book, and I kept hitting
 an error when it tried to build the XML::Parser package. Doing some
 digging, I could not find the XML::Parser package. So I started digging in
 the LFS source, and found that XML::Parser was added back to the
 packages.ent file, but it still was not showing up in the Packages list
 for Ch. 03. So I looked in the chapter03/packages.xml file, and found that
 the XML::Parser package was still commented out. By uncommenting the
 XML::Parser package, it now shows in the Ch. 03 All Packages list, and
 jhalfs also correctly pulls the XML::Parser package.

--
Ticket URL: <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/3584>
LFS Trac <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/>