Upgrade question

Joe Morris heartboy at nycap.rr.com
Tue Oct 1 13:26:56 PDT 2002

DL> I had a few little problems when I first started using the KT333
chipsets.
DL> These subsided when I started using the 2.4.19-pre* kernels and seem
DL> have disapeared with the final release of  2.4.19.

DL> Looks like they are supporting their users and helping the
developers a
DL> bit more now!

DL> DJ

I have to say, the kernel does a good job of getting around bugs. I was
hesitant to get an AMD after reading on gentoo.org about the speculative
cache problem. Once I saw that it was fixed in 2.4.19, I was greatly
relieved :) Do you guys know if this affects Windows 98 as well (just in
case I have to keep it)? Intel just seemed too expensive to me,
otherwise I would have been ordering a P4 instead.
Joe
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org