Upgrade question

Ken Dyke ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Tue Oct 1 16:10:08 PDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 14:31, Joe Morris wrote:
> Another thing, would you consider it safe to go with an OEM model?

Either/or.  I usually end up buying the OEM or 'whitebox' because it is
cheaper.  The only functional difference I have found is that full
retail packaging comes with pictures on the box and Windoze end-user
docs and software inside.  If you are gong to dual boot or go back to
Winblows at some point in the future then by all means opt for the
'software included' box, especially for a video card.

Regarding the amount of RAM.  The games out today may not notice the
difference.  But the ones out next year will.

--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer,

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org