Upgrade question

Tony Karakashian tonyk at rochestermidland.com
Wed Oct 2 06:05:28 PDT 2002

>> Man, this got a little blown out of proportion.

Most things do when I reply.  Everyone takes it so personally. :)

>> I looked around at sources all over the net, and I didn' hear good
>> things about Radeon 3D-accel.

I'll throw in my two cents on this.  You were probably reading about
the support that's available under Windows.  ATI is infamously bad
at keeping current with drivers, etc, and so their products are
always lagging.  I don't know how support is under Linux, but I'll
personally never buy an ATI card again, primarily because if you
don't have their card-of-the-week, your chances of getting drivers
out of them are slim.  I have an AIW Pro, a very popular card, and
the last release of the drivers turns a year old this month.

-T
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org