Upgrade question

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Oct 2 10:51:22 PDT 2002

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 12:59:23 +0000 (UTC)
tonyk at rochestermidland.com ("Tony Karakashian") wrote:

Please make your newsreader work properly. your lack of threading is not
only filling the group with duplicate subjects, but irritating me. Oh,
and your quotes are *bizarre*.

> >> As a customer, the right thing is to deliver unto me a product of
> >which> I can use all the features I payed for.
>
> And, they do.  They just don't do it the way YOU want them to.  Major
> distinction.

No. they deliver an AGP card. when I p[lug it into an AGP system, I want
to be able to make it WORK.

> >> Im sorry? A law granting me the right to use something I PAYED for,
> >> for the purpose it was designed, is stupid?
>
> Depends.  My answer was in the context of the converstion.  A context
> of basically, "they should release enough specs that I could write my
> own driver for their card".  In that context, yes, the law is stupid.
> They provide you with everything you need to reasonably use your card,
> anything beyond that is their generosity.

They do? So, my PPC or ARM or ALPHA boxes can use the card to its
fullest, then?

(and yes, I do have ARM boxes, and a couple M68k too.)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org