Upgrade question

R. Bosch remy.bosch at hccnet.nl
Thu Oct 3 11:25:40 PDT 2002

On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 16:54:09 -0500  Mister Archaic just HAD to write the following:

> There is no such thing as linux software except the kernel.

I meant GNU-software, you're right.

> Where did
> you hear this? Do you have link you could post? I'd love to see how it
> would be possible.

Well, I think it was on this mailinglist or blfs-support where someone explained that the FSF/GNU want the libraries which are still under LGPL to go under full GPL and then you have the natural aversion of GNU-guys with propritary-software in general.

It's a the conbination of the two.

First I thought that dynamic linking between propritary software and GPL-libs was legal, until I learned this info...

With the with the temperment of Richard Stallman in the memory, I can imagine.

Not sure anymore where that was, but I'll look into it to back it up. Don't feel like the risc of talking hot air ;-)

--

Remy

Open(source) your mind, and see real freedom!
Close(dsource) your mind and be in a prisson.

Just my ¤0.02
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org