Upgrade question

R. Bosch remy.bosch at hccnet.nl
Thu Oct 3 15:33:32 PDT 2002

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:59:39 -0400  Mister Tony just HAD to write the following:

> >> Are you SURE it does? perhaps the ATI card just makes better quality
> >> video. I know My hauppage card made lousy movies...
>
> Positve.  I've watched usage for both, as I was curious as to why I
> couldn't do anything else while recording with the ATI.  The quality
> of the videos is exactly the same, or as near as this human's eye can
> tell. :)

I use wintv-card with bt848

I think that there is a problem with the software. If I try nuvrev I get better pictures that using divx(4)rec. With divxrec I get lines with smaller resolutions while nuv gets the picture right. I think the divx is trying to sync too hard with every line and does not realy look at the frames cominging in to make a good image. I used to make good pictures with my card... Now it's plain rubbish to put it "very" mildly!

And to say the truth Tony, your threading does suck. I get my mail in the evening which ends up in spread-out follow-ups which is hard to follow. Sometimes I tend to respond while ferther down the answer is already given... Very irritating.

PLEASE!! What mailprogram do you use? We might be of some help to you...

Yours truly...

--

Remy

Open(source) your mind, and see real freedom!
Close(dsource) your mind and be in a prisson.

Just my ¤0.02
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org