Upgrade question

James Drabb JDrabb at darden.com
Thu Oct 3 05:56:40 PDT 2002

He is probably using M$ Outlook which has terrible threading.
I have to use M$ outlook at work to get meeting requests. : (
However, I upgraded (downgraded) to M$ outlook 2002 and it seems
to thread better.  For some reason M$ felt they should thread on
Subject and not MessageID.  They probably do it on purpose so that
the only emails that work are those sent and read with M$ outlook/OE.
Just another way to try and force users to use their junk.  I did
change M$ outlook to use plain text only and to prefix the replies
with >.

Also, M$ outlook still always starts my replies at the top of a
message and I have to cut and past EVERY email to news groups so
I don't top post.  What a pain.

Jim Drabb

James Drabb JR
Programmer Analyst