Upgrade question

Rui Ferreira ruifmferreira at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 3 07:46:34 PDT 2002

James Drabb JDrabb at darden.com wrote on
subject: RE: Upgrade question

>I agree with some of your points.  However, I don't
>agree with the one above.  I have yet to find something
>I can do in Windows that I cannot do in Linux.  On the
>contray I have found many things that the average home user
>CAN do in Linux that they cannot do in Linux.  For example,

Yes, you CAN find. But to find them you have to read all kinds of man, info,
howto, etc documentation.
I'll give you a example of what I think the difference is.
When you install WinXp, you're invited to take a tour with nice graphics,
screen shots and animations, a soft woman's voice narration instead of read,
read, read; extensive help and support with multi-choice answers (something
that you US guys like a lot)(etc...).
Linux is complicated by nature. Without this things that people are used to,
it isn't going anywhere (without effort from the user).
Effort -Yes, that's why people afford Windows, so they don't have the
effort.

Rui Ferreira