Upgrade question

Justin Hibbits jrh29 at po.cwru.edu
Thu Oct 3 13:51:59 PDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 09:43:35PM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 20:25:12 +0000 (UTC)
> jrh29 at po.cwru.edu (Justin Hibbits) wrote:
>
> > So, what this post is trying to say is SAY WHAT YOU MEAN.  I say what
> > I mean, and I mean exactly what I say.
>
> Oh, and thats doubly true when talking to an autistic person, like... I
> dunno. *ME*.
>
> Of course you didnt stop to think that you might not be writing to an
> audience of other than 100 IQ joe normals...
> --

Ian: I didn't mean offense to you.  But at least you seem to be able to say
what you mean.  And you're autistic, so that makes it even better (I guess..I'm
not too familiar with autism, to tell you the truth.)  But Tony seems to speak
the same language as M$....aka Double Speak.  "The english language has this
quirk, that I follow, and cover my poor remarks by blaming it on the language".

<switch to different person I'm talking to>

Tony...sorry bud, but you can't do that all the time.  Just because it exists
doesn't mean you can use it to cover your back.  "I tried them all"  With that
remark, I can say that I tried all the distros of linux cuz I've tried debian,
redhat, LFS, and mandrake.  It's far from the truth, but in your comment, it's
valid, and acceptable.  Hell, I can say I've tried every OS, just cuz I've
played for about 5 minutes with BeOS in vmware, I've played with several
versions of MacOS (1.0, 7.5.*, 8.0, 9.*, and a little X), I've played with
nearly all versions of windows, I've played with a handful of linux distros,
I've done work on solaris, irix, openbsd, oh, and you can't forget DOS.  So,
that's a large subset of OS's, so therefore I can draw the conclusion that I've
used every OS.  WRONG.  You have the same attitude as the rest of the managers.
You seem to have almost a clue, but you have just that one slice of blueberry
pie, and you think you know what apple pie, pumpkin pie, and ice cream cake all
taste like.  Oh wait, you've had a piece of apple pie, maybe a crumb of pumpkin
pie, but you still know what ice cream cake tastes like.  Hmm...this food
metaphor must be a sign that I'm hungry, so I'll quit this post.  And I hope
you kill this thread.

Justin Hibbits

--
Registered Linux user 260206