Upgrade question

Ken Dyke ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Thu Oct 3 14:02:37 PDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 14:32, Tony Karakashian wrote:
> >> "All" as in the entire set of.  "Most" would better fit the definition
> >> you have given.
>
> So, when one says, "I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse", they are really
> going to head out and purchase an equine for dinner?

If horse meat is available at the local meat shop it is a possiblility.
Otherwise, it is more obviously a metaphor.  When a self-proclaimed 'big
wheel' at a "multi-national, multi-million dollar" corporation says he
has tried them 'all' it is possible that he has in fact tried them all
and it is not so obviously a metaphor.

--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer,