Complete rip-off in my eyes (ibook)

R. Bosch remy.bosch at hccnet.nl
Sat Oct 5 14:34:44 PDT 2002

Hi,

I went to www.store.apple.com, to look close at the price-diff
between $ and ¤.

I took a standard ibook with:
G3 700Mhz
128MB RAM
20GB HD
ati + 16MB
DVD/CD-RW combo

Prices:

US = ¤ 1529,49 => $1499,00 (¤1,00 = $0,98)
EU = ¤ 2140.81
----------------
DIFF=¤  611,22

See what I mean?

I know that there are import taxes, shipping cost, etc...
But ¤ 611 !?!?! Per Laptop!?!?!?

I feel cheated... No, I did not buy one (yet).

Anyone got ripped off like this?

If I buy such thing, I think I'll rub this under their noses to see if I
can get something more out of the deal. :-P
I'm allready making my 'shopinglist' (HCC-dagen) ;-)

--

Remy

Open(source) your mind, and see real freedom!
Close(dsource) your mind and be in a prisson.

Just my ¤0.02
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org