LFS 3.3

Paul Warren u3292467 at student.anu.edu.au
Sat Oct 5 19:34:28 PDT 2002

Hey there people.

finsihed a LFS 3.3 install a few days ago, coming from slackware, which
is still pretty cool,  I am might impressed.  on quakeforge.  I went
from 47 fps at 1280x1024 to 72 fps.  Mozilla loads in 3 seconds instead
of 10 or so.  Heh, think this is Kick Ass!

shame I got to it 3 days before lfs 4.0 came out  :o( ah well.

Only problem is my bandwidth is somewhat limited, (56k dialup), so
installing cool things takes a while.  Is there a CD I can buy that
contains the source to many popular bits of software, like netscape,
Emacs, KDE, GNOME etc.
That would make things a bit more useful.

Cheers

Paul Warren.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org