Console heroes don't miskate

Ken Dyke ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Tue Oct 8 14:55:37 PDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 10:58, Archaic wrote:
> Why use someone else's analogies?

Are you referring to the Stephenson/Hole-Hawg analogy? (I suppose that
is what I will find if I follow that URL. :-) )  Would you know what I
was talking about if I said Paslode nailer?  Or Skil worm-drive?  I was
a general contractor for a number of years.  I still have my
compressors, guns, and saws out in the shed.  Even a Hole-Hawg and other
tools that will send a person to the hosipital if not used
intelligently.  Sometimes using someone else's analogy communicates the
point more effectively because it is familiar.
--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer,

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org