Immigration to Canada

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 9 18:30:54 PDT 2002

On October 9, 2002 05:24 pm, S. Bougerolle wrote:
> That should be so easy it hardly qualifies as immigration at all.  IANAL
> but IIRC it's a fundamental point of international law (UN covenant on
> Human Rights) that immigration rules may not split up families, so

That's the theory yes. However, a friend of my had a heck of a time getting
his Chech wife to immigrate to Canada. They needed to go through all kinds of
stuff regarding visa's permit this, permit that. She finally was allowed to
come over here, it it took them a year. It took me two months from submitting
paperwork to being landed.

Maybe it's the country one comes from (I came from The Netherlands. Low
profile, no war past other than WWII but then again what country doesn't have
anything relating to WWII).

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org