Console heroes don't miskate

Jim Mischel jim at mischel.com
Thu Oct 10 10:46:43 PDT 2002

> I did.  Back in 1982.

Yeah, so did I, in 1985 or so.  Amazing what can be done in 4K of assembly
language.  But when I stepped up from my old Z80 S-100 box to an AT clone, I
just couldn't bring myself to port the darned thing.  Fortunately, the AT
clone came with Wordstar 4.

> I like vim for a command line editor.  Still looking for a gui editor.

You might consider NEdit (http://www.nedit.org).  I had just about settled
on that for my GUI editor last year, but then other things took my attention
away from Linux until just recently.  From what I remember of it, it was
quite a good editor.  I especially liked that it has a Windows port.  I was
looking forward to using the same editor for my Windows and Linux work.  If
I ever get a GUI running on one of my Linux systems again, I'll have to grab
NEdit.

Jim

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org