Maybe this is the place...

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Thu Oct 10 12:26:24 PDT 2002

Hi guys,

I'm really proud with myself. About a month ago, I made my first try at LFS
(successfully, first time I might add!) anyho I've decided that I'll be
footling with something like debian or gentoo and then come back to LFS
(learning curve etc...) Thing is...

I was brought up from a Cambridge Research SCMP Mk14 (4 bits, manually entered
hex machine code) thru PETs, PETII's, BBC, to 'original' IMB PC. I'll be the
first to admit that I got 'trapped' in the DOS/Windoze thingy. UNIX was
something which 'ran on mainframes' - akin to VAX/VMS. Still, I gained a
detailed (amateur/serious-hobbyist) knowledge of how DOS/Windoze
worked/interacted/functioned etc... (in the broadest, kindest sense.) I want
(need) that level of familiarity with *NIX...

I've been having an issue with remotely mounted directories which may well
have been because circular mounts had occured. I have re-organised my system
so that the posibility is eliminated, but that is not optimal for my needs.
My query is: What *symptoms* would I expect to see if a circular mount
occured?

Cheers!
Dylan
"Hey, man! I'm just watching there crazy mushrooms grow"
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org